Sunday 20 August 2023

From Ye Olde Blogge #3 Sunday January 18, 2004

MyRome Lane

Some old pre-Blogspot.com posts, recycled.

THIS WEEK: Eerie echoes of the future and COVID-19. Wow.

The conspiracy theory that dares not speak... - something... umm...

I'm saying SARS. I'm saying AIDS. Can you say "tailored," dear reader?

Why was I looking at a news item the other day which stated that a possible reason SARS was so successful in Asia is because Asian people have a particular genetic trait which SARS can latch onto? It just seemed so - convenient - that this virus would cause us less collateral damage than another, competing-for-the-world's-resources, racial genotype...

How did I bring AIDS into this? Well, it's another virus that targets specific groups, although this one does it via another mechanism. But the group it targets are people who won't be mixing it up in the gene pool, or else it gets to people who can't easily avoid or treat it, i.e. African people. And I'm almost willing to bet that someday very soon, some scientist somewhere will spot another "genetic hook" in this virus.

I don't claim to be politically correct. Life (no matter how many nanny-staters say otherwise) will never be politically correct, it'll always pursue its own course, which is to weed out political correctness and the nice guys and the not-quite-guys and... well, you get the idea...
It's just that... well... dammit, I am NOT a conspiracy nut but these things seems so... so... convenient... Bugger, now I've said it...

The world is shrinking, resource-wise. No-one can argue with it anymore, we are cleaning it up as fast as we humanly can, and therein lies the rub: Who will end up inheriting what's left? Yes yes, the "nice" folk would have you all sit arm in arm around the campfire but be honest, do you think it's gonna happen? Uh-uh...

And I can hear someone asking how the heck we could have developed AIDS before we cracked the genetic code. In fact, how SARS could be targeted at a genetic loophole so quickly after the genetic code was opened. So I'm going to digress for a moment.

When I was a much younger pup, I read about lasers and how they were going to develop lasers and I was amazed. They developed lasers, and I was amazed some more. Then I read in an electronics magazine that someone had theorised that a magnetic field could be amplified and used to fuse wiring and electronic devices, and I mentioned this to a retired technician friend of mine. "That sounds like project Green Ray" he said. When I asked him more about this, he said that he'd worked on a magnetic pulse weapon in the Air Force some 20 - 30 years earlier

In other words, it took around 25 years for mainstream Defense technology to make it into mainstream civilian technology. So when exactly did genetic work first come to the point where it could become useful for targeting virii at specific groups? Ah-hah, ah-ha...

Then too, look at how scattershot AIDS is compared to SARS. AIDS did it's selection by using circumstances against particular groups, who have become the target group by virtue of economic disability. SARS is more refined, but hmmm... Targets, say, North Koreans, does it? Or Iraqis? Not too far away is it?

Pass the gene-splicer lads, I need to get rid of this tribe in the middle of Australia here!


These are random blog posts I recently rescued from a text dump of my earliest recorded blog posts from Ye Good Ole Days of writing stuff in Notepad and using some weird software that basically uploaded your entire blog every time you added a new article or edited an old one. 

I'm also shamelessly adding that little mini-banner graphic with links for you to donate, check my newsletter site, and generally get more entangled in my weird world. 

No comments: