Wednesday 25 October 2023

Finding My Posts Just Got Easier

I was giving someone the link to my list of blog articles I've written, aka "Ted's News Stand" and found out some excellent news myself.

Was just typing the whole URL https://ohaicorona.com/teds-news-stand and the friend messaged back "Found it - I just typed  'teds news stand'  into the browser and there it was."

So You Know Why I'm Over The Moon - Right?

A search for that term is in the first page of search results. If you type 'teds news stand' into your browser, it's the first link on the page. "Ted's News Stand - O Hai Corona!"

Briefly - most readers know I run nine blogs, a few video sites (but few videos, mostly just reportage) and am on a few instant messenger sites and social networks. O Hai Corona! is a blog I started when the pandemic struck, mainly as a way to organise my own info about SARS-CoV-2 COVID-19 whatever you want to call it. I was sh*t frightened as I'm respiratory-compromised, have some auto-immune issues, and we were being hammered by a tiny little mote of dust with homicidal intentions. 

The upshot now is I can just tell people to type "teds news stand" into their browser and they can find that site. YOU can just tell people to type "teds news stand" into their browser and they can find that site. 

And the search term got into the Engines Of Webified Enfindment because a few people have searched for it. I'm a bit overwhelmed by that. So Thank You to everyone that's gone to the News Stand and checked out my latest articles. You lovely people have made my day. 

Ted's News Stand

What it is, is a page on the Ohaicorona blog which I run in a separate server I lease from Digital Pacific mainly because I've always used them as my go-to website provider, they also provide DNS and any other services I'd like to run so I  have the O Hai Corona! blog there, some content I needed to host centrally, and so forth. They are inexpensive and do a good job, but they do cost in server fees. When I was doing freelance IT I'd send most of my clients there if they needed a web presence because DP have great tech support so that took some of the load off me.

And it let me build the News Stand page: 


All the important stuff is in the top of that page, a link to subscribe to the newsletter, then a list of the most recent 20 or so articles, newest first. Below that there are a few more bits'n'bobs, and if you're one of the tech-savvy that have a newsreader of your own to put you in control of your daily reading from around the web, let me know and I'll post the addresses of the newsfeeds of everything I have that has an Atom or RSS link. (I might do this just for the heck of it anyway one day, so just scroll down and see.)

The newsletter comes out on Friday AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time) so it's not like you get bombarded from me, and if you ever want to chat with me I'm on BlueSky, Mastodon, MeWe, and more as PTEC3D, you can use the Mastodon link under the little graphic below to chat to me there, or search for me. 

The little graphic also has a link to Ted's News Stand and links to help me out by making a one-time (or monthly!) donation of about the price of a cup of coffee. 

(Also a memoriam: CMV 15 December 1954 - 13 October 2023 vale Rainbow Brite)

No comments: