Friday 17 October 2008

Can haz gremlin?

My first boss was a great one for "gremlins."  Way before the movie came out, a gremlin was a mischievous imp that caused things to fail.  Dave and I worked on B&W TVs and later on colour TVs, and the odd car radio, stereo, and two way radio, and "gremlins" were responsible for about half the failures we repaired every day. 
I'm still very much in that kind of frame of reference, to me, there are still gremlins that haunt particular TVs, or certain poor cellphone reception spots, and yes, even the odd vehicle here and there.  So would I buy this:
This is supposedly a picture of a 2010 Prius, and it has this gremlin right there, in the press materials.   I wonder if the 2010 model will have a string of failures, problems, and recalls?  I'm pretty sure I won't be able to afford one when they are released, but even if I could, I wonder if this will make me reconsider?
BTW no that is not a photoshopped picture - here it is on its article page on Wired.  

No comments: