Monday 22 September 2008

So You Can Hear The Smoke, Of Course...

Some days the voices just pile up.  Today's been such a day, as soon as I read this article the voices started ringing bells and sounding sirens...

See, all this time I've believed (along with probably the majority of people) that our sense of smell goes to sleep when we do.  There's supposedly a whole body of respected research out there that says so.

It's why we're urged to install smoke detectors, so we get woken by the sound because we won;t smell the smoke.  And yet - now that I come to think of it, I've never actually seen or heard a single citation of any kind to support that claim...

If I wasn't drugged by The State with anti-suspicion drugs in my water and food, I'd suspect a conspiracy to sell a lot of smoke detectors...

No comments: