Sunday 5 May 2024

From Ye Old Blogge: Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Memory Lane

From Ye Old Blogge: Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

At The Old "Cat'N'Coincidence"

Ghostie (my little ginger buddy) plucked me out of the doldrums on Friday. He'd been a bit more miaowy than he normally is and seemed t be sleeping more. By evening he had a limp - and scored an immediate visit to the vet - and by 6:15 he'd had a dislocated knee joint put back in and been prescribed anti inflammatories even though he showed no immediate signs of bursting into flame. But it did reduce the inflammation around the knee joint, over the next four days.

And because he kept wanting to jump and climb stuff, he became a carpet cat for a week while his hip relocateda. Loved the special attention, the cuddles and earscratches, and has been very cute. His litter tray went in the bathroom, and he joined me in the bathroom once. This a a "biggified" bathroom wehere we tore out the pathetic shower nook and the baby surprise size bath, and installed a large spa with shower.

No shower curtain you see - and usually no cats - no SANE cats - would stay there when anyone was showering, Ghostie picked the spot on the mat that was driest, indicating that it rarely got wet, and then he studied me, really did the "watch every move" thing. Then he waited until I was looking at him, raised his paw, licked it, and washed his face.

The message was that he'd figured it out, I was grooming and washing and he was down with that, he watched a while longer and then started washing himself too.

Now coincidentally to the cat becoming so intelligent, my other system admin stayed home Monday, with a busted knee from football. And here's a coincidence, Diego Maradona is also in hospital off work (with heart problems (that I don't have) and respiratory problems.) Which I do have. Now if only I hadn't misread Maradona as Madonna, maybe things would have settled down. But obviously I didn't. Becaue McDonald's manager in Australia died of a heart attack...  Think that's mad anyone?

I think we make a habit of ignoring coincidences and odd similarities in our lives, and maybe we're missing a lot of the fun of life because of that. I'm making a conscious effort from now on to note and remember as many of them as I can, and blog them for your amusement...

Sunday, April 18, 2004

Weird Search Behaviour

WTF? Type in projectgutenberg.org and get taken to http://iraqi-mission.org ??? How the hell can IE make such a connection? Is PG a subversive organisation, is Saddam considered a benevolent source of wisdom, WTF WTF WTF?


These are random blog posts I recently rescued from a text dump of my earliest recorded blog posts from Ye Good Ole Days of writing stuff in Notepad and using some weird software that basically uploaded your entire blog every time you added a new article or edited an old one. 

I'm shamelessly adding that little mini-banner graphic with links for you to donate, check my newsletter site, and generally get more entangled in my weird world.    



No comments: