Tuesday 10 February 2009

11 Feb 1957 <BEGIN TRANS><SYN>human being ted russ 0700GMT

<ACK>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hIQjrMHTv4.  It started in 1957.  Great things started in 1957.  Me. Computer networking. The Space Race.  When I was about 9 months old my grandfather called me Sputnik Sattelitovicz, after the little ball-sized spacefarer our Russian almost-neighbours to the north had launched, goading the whole space/technology/coldwar race thing.  I've often wondered why I felt so drawn into computers and network systems, maybe it's because their basics were born in the same year my basics were born?

Enough of the rattling.  <END TRANS> . . . 
<BREAK><TRAILER> PS: The Guess The Sound is still on at http://tedalog.blogspot.com/2009/02/random-stuff-from-my-week.html so have a go, it's a bit harder than it looks or sounds...
<END TRANS><ACK>*CLICK*

Visit The Body Friendly Zen Cookbook and help support my work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sputnik Sattelitovicz!!!

Hope the year ahead has you soaring to heights you never thought were possible.

BLAST OFF!!!

Peace & Love & Rock'n'Roll
Mudd a.k.a. Happy For You Oza :-)
xoxo