Wednesday 16 December 2009

Gardens, Cliche, Inner Peace

Do you garden?  Even if you have just a pot plant on a window ledge, I guess, you can call yourself a gardener.  Me, I've always found that growing something makes me feel so much better about life.  Look, there's this thing that I nursed and cared for, now large and happy, be it a flower, a vegetable, or a kitten I've looked after since it was less than a handful.

The sentiments expressed in this article prompted this blog post, because I've seen how much a garden can do for making one feel at peace.  I did go through a stage where I was inclined to think that real life was a messy dirty thing that's better avoided, but somehow, it prevailed.  I've had the best experience the last two weeks, of having a visitor from interstate, and it was even better because I had growing things to show and to use in meals, there was the rabbit shed, the ducks, and some lovely local scenery.  Safe to say that had I been living in the city itself, we'd have been sat indoors and bored solid.

Okay, brainfart over, go back to LOLcats.


Visit The Body Friendly Zen Cookbook and help support my work!

No comments: